Beta Theta Pi Fraternity was founded on August 8, 1839 at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. "Beta," as it is nicknamed, has roughly 120 chapters and colonies throughout the United States and Canada with more than 180,000 initiated men. The mission of Beta Theta Pi is to develop men of principle for a principled life. In order to build lasting bonds of friendship and brotherhood, every member shall live Beta Theta Pi's five core values: mutual assistance, intellectual growth, trust, responsible conduct, and integrity.
Basics of the Eta Epsilon Chapter
- Date Colonized - October 25, 2007
- Date Chartered - August 6, 2010 (171 General Convention, Washington, D.C.)
- Date Installed - November 6, 2010
- Chapter Motto - Leadership Moving Forward
- Undergraduate Members - 42
- New Members - 0
- Alumni Members - 50
- Advisory Team Members - 9
- Betas strive for academic excellence, earning the top cumulative GPA amongst all fraternities at Carroll.
- Students and staff put their talents on display in Beta's annual "Carroll's Got Talent" competition to benefit the Milestones Autism Organization. We also regularly perform hands-on service with Milestones and have been recognized as its Volunteers of the Year.
Social & Brotherhood
- Betas have fun, too, taking part in sorority mixers, date parties, and our annual formal dinner dance. We are able to grow our bonds of friendship on a daily basis on our floor in Hamlin Hall and hold regular brotherhood activities, including a retreat and annual trip to Beta's founding place in Oxford, Ohio. Additionally, we sponsor events for our parents and families, such as our Mothers' Tea or Family Weekend.